Terms of Service
Welcome to the User Agreement for “Hockey Community”, a service provided by OKI Technologies Inc, (Address: 308 E. 5th Ave, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, V5T1H4).
Hockey Community reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting any such amended terms on its website. Your continued use of Hockey Community indicates your acceptance of the amended Agreement, and you are responsible for reviewing such amended terms and conditions from time to time.
Description of Service
Hockey Community provides memberships to users to allow them to access a network and database of hockey related contacts and information. Members can view and add information to the database.
Hockey Community is not responsible for any content provided by the Third-Parties, and your participation in their programs is governed by their separate Terms of Service and Privacy Policies. Members are solely responsible for any charges incurred by participation in Third-Party programs.
In consideration of your membership and access to Hockey Community, you agree:
- To comply with all local, provincial/state, federal, international or other applicable laws, including but not limited to, rules regarding acceptable online conduct, and not to use Hockey Community to participate in any fraudulent, illegal, or patently unethical activities;
- Not to participate in any illegal activities with the intention of advertising or mentioning Hockey Community or that relate the Hockey Community Program in any way, including but not limited to, “spamming” your Hockey Community URL via email, on message boards, social networking sites, or anywhere else.
- To have only one Hockey Community membership and account and not to attempt to open multiple accounts or memberships, as Hockey Community only allows one account per person;
- Not to post content or to initiate communications on the Hockey Community website, which are unlawful, defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from Hockey Community’s website or the Hockey Community Program without Hockey Community’s prior written approval;
- Not to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Not to abuse, stalk, threaten or harass anyone or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as the rights of privacy and publicity) of others in your use of The Hockey Community; and
IF ANY MEMBER IS FOUND, IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF HOCKEY COMMUNITY, TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS, HIS OR HER ACCOUNT WILL BE TERMINATED AND HE OR SHE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE HOCKEY COMMUNITY.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that Hockey Community shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Hockey Community has been advised of the possibility of such damages) arising out of or in any way connected with your use of or performance of Hockey Community, whether based on contract, tort, negligence or strict liability. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of Hockey Community, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using Hockey Community.
Hockey Community does not have any commitment toward any Members, past or present. Hockey Community may at anytime, for any reason, with or without notice, discontinue Hockey Community for one or all of its Members. After said discontinuation, Hockey Community remains without commitment to any Members, past or present, of Hockey Community.
In order to use Hockey Community, you must use your real first name however we may use a shorten version of your last name if you wish. You may not create more than one account per individual. Business accounts aren't considered as individuals but are also required to use the company's registered name.
A 24-hour notice will be sent by email listing the changes required to comply with our terms. Hockey Community may terminate your account if those conditions aren't respected and the deadline is passed.
You expressly understand and agree in order to function Hockey Community stores data that you may post on HC but also the pages you visits and some of your clicks that will help the research team improve your design experience. Your password is encrypted and can not be accessed by any of our staff members or the public.
By accepting the terms of this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend and otherwise hold harmless Hockey Community, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages resulting from: (i) your membership and/or participation in Hockey Community; (ii) your use of the Hockey Community website and name; (iii) your violation of this Agreement; (iv) your violation of the rights of another; and (v) any other matter relating to Hockey Community. Any communications and/or transactions which arise between a Member and the Third-Parties, between Members, or between any Member and other users of the Hockey Community website are the sole responsibility of the parties to those communications and/or transactions, and Hockey Community shall not be considered a party to any such communications and/or transactions.
Monitoring and Enforcement
While Hockey Community has the right to monitor activity and content associated with the site, Hockey Community is not obligated to do so. Since Hockey Community does not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content posted by Members or users on the Hockey Community website, Hockey Community does not guarantee content accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals may sometimes choose not to comply with Hockey Community’s policies and practices, in the process of using the Hockey Community website, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact Hockey Community regarding the content that you find objectionable. Hockey Community may investigate complaints and violations of Hockey Community’s policies that come to Hockey Community’s attention and may take action that Hockey Community believes is appropriate, including but not limited to, issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or memberships. However, because situations and interpretations vary, Hockey Community also reserves the right not to take any action. As a user of Hockey Community, you acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will Hockey Community be liable in any way for any content, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the Hockey Community website.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that Hockey Community is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Hockey Community makes no warranty that: (i) Hockey Community will meet your requirements, (ii) Hockey Community will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from use of Hockey Community will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through Hockey Community will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in Hockey Community will be corrected.