What we do
We love hockey as much as you do
Hockey Community is driven by passionate individuals with aspirations to grow the game of hockey. At HC we are working hard to build a universal platform which will easily connect people to other players, events, teams, rinks, stores and more.
HC is fueled by a community of players who also contribute daily to provide more accessibility to the sport we all love. You can help too by joining our team - let’s make hockey happen together!.
Front-end developer/UX Designer
Hockey Community is recruiting a front-end developer who is driven to deliver superb mobile and web experiences through their ninja coding skills. An individual with UX knowledge, design patterns, and someone who possess the love for creating user-centric products that set high standards in usability and performance.
This is a permanent full-time position which includes benefits, paid vacation, educational funds, hockey-related incentives with plenty of opportunities to grow with a tight-knit hockey oriented team that values work & life balance.
Your front-end dev attributes
- A keen eye and understanding of design and user experience.
- Passionate about the growth of hockey and innovative and cutting-edge technology.
- Creative and open minded.
- Loves to travel with the willingness to work from different locations.
- Highly energetic and self-motivated.
- Loves to tackle problem-solving challenges.
- Keeps up with the latest technology trends and hockey culture.
Your life with HC (Responsibilities)
- Implement technological solutions to improve the visual presentation, interaction and performance of our web and mobile platforms.
- Build and improve the web/mobile experiences for a better User Experience and User Interface.
- Lead discussions with the development team about technical challenges; plan and apply scalable solutions.
- Maintain and promote the growth of the HC brand through technology.
Your superpowers and capabilities
- 1+ years experience in front-end development
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership with mobile and web development
- An expert at CSS/HTM
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (sass, less, stylus)
- Experience with both mobile and web development.
- Experience with Adobe CC - Photoshop and Illustrator with PSD to HTML conversion.
- Experience with cross-browser development.
- Experience with responsive design.
- Excellent testing/debugging skills.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular/React/Vue.
- Knowledge of build and development systems such as Webpack/Gulp/Grunt.
- UX knowledge.
- High level of organization and strong attention to detail.
- BONUS: Hockey + sports enthusiast. Purely loves the sport as much as the HC team does!
- BONUS: Speaks French